Contextual Menu - Capture Page

The contextual menu item “Capture Page” for HTML-based documents seems to be either misbehaving or the documentation needs to be revised.

Documentation:
DEVONthink 3.0.2 Documentation, page 42
Contextual Menu

Capture Page: Captures the current page in the selected format to the inbox of the current database.

When I invoke it, either using the right click contextual menu, or the gear ‘drop down’ menu, in no case does the captured page land in the inbox of the current database.

[1] If the HTML based document is in an RSS-feed ‘group’, the resulting capture is saved in the highest level of the database. E.g., if I have a database named RESEARCH, and an RSS feed in a folder, perhaps buried two or three levels down in the heirarchy, all my ‘captures’ from that feed will be located at RESEARCH.dtBase2 > (captured page)

[2] If the HTML based document is in a regular group, invoking the ‘capture page’ places the result in the same group. Again, this happens whether I use the right-click contextual menu to capture the page, or use the Actions drop-down menu (at the ‘gear icon’) in the page menu bar.

Have I missed a setting? Is this aberrant behavior? Or, is the documentation in need of update?

• RM

Clearly.

I would expect that “Capture” would comply with whatever preference is set in DEVONthink Preferences > Import > Destination.

I would expect that “Capture” would comply with whatever preference is set in DEVONthink Preferences > Import > Destination .

I thought that as well, but when I tried different settings … None of the preferences for import and choice of destination seem have any effect on Capture.

• Rich
1 Like