Continuous Log Error Message: "Cannot allocate memory "

Everything seems to be working ok so I’m confused about getting these messages in the log:

12:17:01 PM: Cannot allocate memory Cannot allocate memory (NSPOSIXErrorDomain 12)
2:57:27 PM: Cannot allocate memory Cannot allocate memory (NSPOSIXErrorDomain 12)
3:15:45 PM: Cannot allocate memory Cannot allocate memory (NSPOSIXErrorDomain 12)
4:07:10 PM: Cannot allocate memory Cannot allocate memory (NSPOSIXErrorDomain 12)
9:15:38 PM: Cannot allocate memory Cannot allocate memory (NSPOSIXErrorDomain 12)
9:28:42 PM: Cannot allocate memory Cannot allocate memory (NSPOSIXErrorDomain 12)
3:01:53 PM: Cannot allocate memory Cannot allocate memory (NSPOSIXErrorDomain 12)
3:17:28 PM: Cannot allocate memory Cannot allocate memory (NSPOSIXErrorDomain 12)
4:22:54 PM: Cannot allocate memory Cannot allocate memory (NSPOSIXErrorDomain 12)
4:28:40 PM: Cannot allocate memory Cannot allocate memory (NSPOSIXErrorDomain 12)

Anything to worry about?
Thank you.

Are you using a proxy of any kind?

How do you synchronize your databases? Via Bonjour or via a sync store?

Sync store. Drop box.

I’m connecting to one of my db via dropbox sync store.

A local sync store located in Dropbox or using the Dropbox built-in sync location?

I hope the image

answers your question because I don’t know what the difference between those two is.

Thank you.

That is using the Dropbox built-in template.

• If you clear the log, does it keep spamming this message when it tries to sync?
  • Does this persist after quitting and relaunching DEVONthink?

Please choose Help > Report Bug while pressing the Alt modifier key and send the result to cgrunenberg - at - devon-technologies.com so that we can check the logs - thanks!

Oldish thread, just posted to comment that I just had the same issue, and Jim’s suggestion worked perfectly. Tx Jim!

1 Like

Which version of DEVONthink and macOS do you use?

Hi Christian, Monterey 12.3.1 and DT 3.8.3