Convert YAML Front Matter tags into DT tags

Keywords: Test #test

yields a keyword of Test #test, not two independent keywords.

Yes, the emboldening appears randomly ā€“ or at least the rationale is opaque to me. I hadnā€™t noticed whether it affected the outcome or no, so thatā€™s useful to know, thanks.

In fact, Iā€™ve just checked and removing the bold doesnā€™t add the properties. All very strangeā€¦

[Edit] Answered this before reading Christianā€™s post, which solves the problem!

Hi Christian,

Thanks ā€“ it does indeed work with no trailing spaces! Iā€™ve been including them following advice (canā€™t remember where) that itā€™s less confusing on less capable markdown previewers, but Iā€™m happy to drop them if itā€™s breaking DT3 features.

Many thanks again!

Thank you so much!!! It works. There were two things I didnā€™t know.

1. Convert hashtags to tags under tools. That pulled in the YAML tags.
  2. The YAML tags have to be seperated by commas. Not by spaces. Otherwise DT reads them as one word. E.g ā€œtags: yellow moonā€ is read as one tag ā€¦not two tags.

Is there a way in the ā€œGlobal setupā€ of DT to automate the conversion of hashtags to tags? Or do I have to do it one by one? I donā€™t mind doing it one by one, but it would be great to be able to do it in bulk. Thanks.

Like the first entry besides ā€œTags:ā€ here?

1 Like

Also note this (from page 16 of the user guide (also available through the in-app Help)):

Hashtags do not support spaces in them and they should be listed on a separate line.

Stephen

1 Like

Yes. Thatā€™s it! Thank you very much!

hello Christian + DT-team,

I have the issue that DT doesnĀ“t pick up on the list of tags rendered by Omnivore for the YAML-header.

it does look like:

tags:
- one
- two
- three

the OV people regard this as complying to YAML standard.
ā€“ is there anything that can be done about it, so DT picks up on those tags?

thx for any help!

Neither the MultiMarkdown engine nor DEVONthink accept this.

just to document, for anyone running into similar problems coming from Obsidian, as to handing over YAML in ways Devon Thinks stricter code adherence culture does not process: there is a perfect, very versatile & flexible plugin to auto- and bulk-reformat YAML-syntax in all kinds of ways.

just check here, and be merry:

Hi @Stephen_C & @BLUEFROG

I follow the steps and can create all the metadata (Keywords, Author, titleā€¦) with YAML header,
Except one crucial for me : the tag.

• I check the goup of my MD Note, it allows to create Tag
  • I have other tags in DVTK that I generated via the Tag / Balises bar : itā€™s worksā€¦
    What is the possible blocking element?

PS : Il will transfer all my Evernote note with Tags in YAML metadata (via Yarle) and would like to keep it in DVTK.
Thanks Ć  lot.

Fifof

What do the tags look like in the YAML file?

Thx for you quick reply @chrillek !

tags: Ƨa_marche, Test
title: ā€œ@ YAML_Tags issues Creationā€

I follow exactly the YAML rulesā€¦what is strange it working well in the beginning and when I reorganise my group itā€™s falling!

Your tags work for me in DEVONthink Pro. Is that YAML section the very first thing in the markdown file? Have you checked that the tags donā€™t appear when you go to rendered (from edit) mode?

Stephen

Yes @Stephen_C itā€™s works not visible in edit mode.
I also use Obsidian and you can proprely write your YAML syntax with Linter @lerone mention it previouslyā€¦

Zip and post the actual document, please.

This is the document @BLUEFROG
@ YAML_Tags issues Creation.md.zip (1.2 KB)
Thanks,

You need to enable Preferences > Files > Import > Tags: Convert hashtags to tagsā€¦

PS: It is inadvisable to put punctuation other than spaces, hyphens, underscores, and dots in filenames. Just something to consider.

Itā€™s Works thanks!
,the @ character block the tag creationā€¦
Strange because it seems working with it in your latopā€¦
But no matter I will rename my titles ā€¦

Thanks for your help all of usā€¦

Youā€™re welcome.
You can use @ in tags, metadata, and group names but we donā€™t suggest it for file or database names.

1 Like