Converting problem with 2.4.4

On 2.4.4, converting a plaintext note to a formatted note removes line breaks. This is new behavior. Here’s the example:

Name: Savennières

Domaine: Roche aux Moines

Year: 1992

Variety: Chenin Blanc

Alcohol content: 12.5%

Grade: A

Notes: Well-integrated, minerality, like silk, nothing edgy

Date: 2018-03-07

Converting this to a formatted note results in this:

Name: Savennières Domaine: Roche aux Moines Year: 1992 Variety: Chenin Blanc Alcohol content: 12.5% Grade: A Notes: Well-integrated, minerality, like silk, nothing edgy Date: 2018-03-07

Did something change in the update that would cause this? I haven’t changed anything in the way the plaintext is generated, and previous wine notes like this converted no problem.

Thanks for any help.

Thanks for the report! I have filed an issue on this.

Thanks for the reply and report.

The problem is still present in 2.5. I noticed that 2.5 fixed a similar problem in converting to Rich Text.

This issue was not addressed in this build.
Note that reporting an issue doesn’t mean it will be addressed in the next build. It means the issue has been reported to iOS Development.

I thought that might be it. I just had wanted to report that it wasn’t fixed, in case the thought had been that it was fixed.

Nope. It would have been reported in the release notes. But thanks!

Checking in on any updates to this. The problem is still occurring in 2.6.1. Thanks.

The issue is not resolved at this point. I have made a note on the issue.

Thank you.

Hi,

This is still not fixed. I know it’s not close to a major feature, but it is one feature I do use. I have been using a workaround, but thought I’d check out any status it might have, as it’s been another 6 months.

Thanks,
David

Fixed for version 3.3.2.

Ha! The first word that came to my mind was from my high school German class: “Ausgezeichnet!” Every March, I would think, “Should I bother them about this again?”, and just decided not to. Amd then you eventually got around to it. Thanks very much.

Really, you all are great. I’m glad to support such a company, and I use DEVONThink every day.

Best wishes,

David

1 Like

You are most welcome. Sehr gerne :slight_smile: And thank you very much for your trust in our small troupe (and yes, I used this word intentionally :wink: here).

1 Like