Could anyone guide me on how to safely delete DTTG on my iPad & iPhone?

The problem is that I have set up my mac from scratch and created a new database altogether. As such, I would like to resync everything from scrach to my iPad and iPhone.

I simply deleted the iPhone app and I am not sure if I could do the same for the iPad.

Could anyone share the steps on proper deletion and starting from scratch? Also can I ask if i prematurely deleted the app on my iphone, will the database still be in my phone?

Kind regards,

I am 99% sure that if you deleted the DEVONthink ToGo app on your iPhone, and the iPad for that matter, that it deletes all data associated with that app. iOS keeps the app’s data with the app. I recall when deleting apps that iOS gives you a warning message to confirm you understand what it will do on deleting the app.

You don’t mention what sync method you are using. Perhaps before redoing everything, read again the sections in the DEVONthink and DEVONthink ToGO manuals about synching. If all the devices are on the local network, you’ll get best/quickest results using Bonjour. Or you can use the third party internet-based sync services. All documented in the DEVONthink manuals.

If you used a third party internet-based sync service, then if you want you can “clean” the database location to remove it from their servers. Again, see the DEVONthink manual for details. No need to repeat here.

No, the data is deleted along with the app

safely delete DTTG

While it’s a simple process to delete the app, you want to make sure the you don’t lose data
My data is fully sync’d to an iCloud syncstore (and my Mac),
so I only have to make sure the sync process is current

I have set up my mac from scratch and created a new database altogether

We are able to set up new databases on any of our devices
For safety, I make sure the database is sync’d to my iCloud syncstore

1 Like

Yes, I would say you were premature in your deletion of the application.
Just as it is with troubleshooting DEVONthink on the Mac, reinstallation should not be the first option explored.

If you had databases you no longer wanted in DEVONthink To Go, you could have just left-swiped a database, tapped the red trash button, and okayed the deletion. Then repeated that as needed.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. Having said that, the two comments above mentioned that deleting DTTG deletes the data associated with it (i.e. database, is this understanding correct?)

Thank you once again for your time.

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

There is an option presented when you delete a mobile application. You only have the option to delete or cancel the deletion altogether.