Could scan in DTPro2. Can't in DTPro3. Why?

Just bought and downloaded DT Pro3, but I cannot find any way to scan documents in like I could before in DT Pro2.

It looks like I should be able to use “Tools -> Capture -> PDF (One Page)”, but that option is greyed out. So is the other PDF option.

How do I scan documents in DT Pro 3?

Welcome @MarkS22

The Tools menu is the incorrect commands for scanning.

Scanning is done in View > Import. This is covered in the built-in Help > Documentation > In & Out > Capturing Paper (Image Capture).

That would be great except the “Capturing Paper” option doesn’t show up in that menu for me.

All I’ve got are:

• Files and Folders
  • Bookmarks
  • Contacts
  • Folders and Attachments
  • Images (with OCR)
  • Notes from Evernote
  • References from Bookends
  • Unix Mailbox
  • Website

And I tried Images (with OCR), but that just brings up a file selector.

How do I scan with DT Pro3?

Here is a screen capture of my Import menu:

As you can see, no “Capturing Paper” option.

In case it matters, I have both an Epson GT-S50 and an Epson Perfection 1640SU scanner.

Once again… Scanning is done in View > Import .

This is covered in the built-in Help > Documentation > In & Out > Capturing Paper (Image Capture) .

1 Like

D’oh. My apologies Mr. Frog! You are exactly right and I was so certain I was looking in the right places, I didn’t actually try your specific suggestion.

In my defense, when I saw “In and Out” I just defaulted to looking at the file menu. Clearly my bad. And yet I’m still surprised that I would find scanning in the View menu. The two menus that make the most sense to me are the File and Tools menu. Perhaps that’s just me.

One more question, it’s a little bit of a pain to continually set the destination group from the “To” popup in the scan dialog. Is there any way to get that automagically from the currently selected group?

In any event, thank you so much for your answer. This was driving me crazy!

No, that’s not possible. One possibility might be to use smart rules to file incoming scans.

No worries!
:slight_smile: