Create a group with current marked files and with the name of the first marked file

Hi all
First of all this is my official 2 week mark using devonthink and what I love most is this amazing online community, just awesome people!

I was thinking it could be cool to mark a bunch of related files and then create a group with current marked files (move them inside the group) and with the name of the first marked file.

for example in this screenshot

when I execute the action/script it would create a group named Late Night Tortilla Jian Bing and then move the 2 files Late Night Tortilla Jian Bing and Late Night Tortilla Jian Bing- Youtube inside this group. bonus if it would also ask me where to file/move that group to :slight_smile:

I thought I can use keyboard maestro for this but reading through the posts here it seems most people recommend doing these things in AppleScript when in devonthink.

any thoughts on this? Is there a better method that’s native to devonthink to achieve what im looking for? Perhaps some example scripts I can look at?

the overall aim here is when I download multiple files related to the main note to have them all bunched up together in a self contained folder. Again, any ideas oh a better/other workflow would be great

any help would be great

If you group files via Data > Group Items, DEVONthink will attempt to name the group with related terms.
In this case, it would give you what you are looking for with no scripting needed.

perfect!

thx so much

Z

You’re welcome :slight_smile: