Creating a form template?

I keep certain data on the work I do for my customers—things shuch as colors used, fonts used, and more. Does anyone know if it is possible (and “How to”) construct a standard template form that can be stored in a “Customer Data” folder and that would be editable in DT. The template would have standard labels and adjacent fields to enter the data. Right now, I am using Excel, which requires that I always have Excel open. :question:

Sounds like a job for DT Pro’s Sheets & Records. Give it a try.

I gave the Sheets and Records a try, and, after a lot of experimenting, I determined that I needed several sheets per customer if I didn’t want records that are 50+ columns wide in column view. Fifty + columns would be acceptable in single record view, but not ideal since it appears that there is no way to add division markers, such as subheads of horizontal rules, to make vertical scrolling more efficient. Please correct me if I am wrong on this.

However, it occured to me that a PDF form might work. I could create and editable PDF form (in Acrobat 7) that has all the formating I want and import it into my customer folder; then fill it out and edit it in DT. Has anyone tried this?
Is it worth a try?

Hmm. That sounds like a good idea. I don’t have Acrobat, but it seems like it should work. OS X handles editable PDFs correctly, last I heard.

Is it possible to insert an image into an editable PDF?

I’m sure it is possible to insert an image into an editable PDF. However, I have found that the Mac version of Acrobat 7 does not include the new Live Cycle Designer so any forms will have to be done the old way. The forms are designed to be opened and filled out in Acrobat Reader. DT will open them I am sure, but I don’t know if DT has the functionality to fill out the forms. Does anyone know?[/i]

Jerry is correct. The ability to fill out PDF forms isn’t in the current version of OS X.

I should have mentioned that one can create rich text documents that can be “filled in” like forms and if desired sent out as PDF files after being filled in. Just create the structure of the form and lock it in the Info panel so that it won’t be overwritten when filled in. The version to be filled in can be a duplicate which is then unlocked.

Could DT take advantage of the “stationery” feature the way it takes advantage of labels/PDFkit/etc? This would be a nice feature, I think.