Creating a New Note from Selected Text

Hello all,

Probably this is a common question but I can’t seem to find it.

I have a bunch of text in one note that I’d like to break down into distinct notes. Is there any quick way of doing this? Right now I’m copying and pasting, which takes forever.

I guess, ideally, I’d like to be able to select a portion of the text and export it as a new note to another folder. Is that possible?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Cheers!

There are two ways that come to mind.

The first is related to the thread on installing the Inbox into the Finder’s sidebar in Beta5Build2:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8298#p38745

You can simply highlight whatever text you want, position your I-beam curson on the text, and drag it to the Inbox icon in an open finder window’s sidebar.

The second is to again highlight the text and position your I-beam cursor on the text, then drag it to any of the windows of your current database, or onto the name of any of your databases. If your are sending it to another database, it will go into that database’s inbox unless its window is active. In that case, you can drag and drop directly into a visible folder.

HTH,

-Tod

some more options:

• select and drag to any group in an open DTP window (or the floating group palette)

• you can use the DTP-services or their shortcuts (see OS X Service-Menu). They work within DTP as well. The new note with the text will be created in the default destination: global or local inbox or group selected in the the group selector (you can set this in the preferences)

• select, cut (cmd-X), Data>New>With Clipboard (cmd-N). This will create the new note at the same destination as your first note file.

Johannes

That’s exactly what I was hoping for. Thanks so much.

Kevin