DA can't capture page to DT Pro

My sister is trying out trial versions of DA and DT Pro (and loves Pro as much as I do, btw.) But she is having a strange problem. Whenever she tries to capture a page from DA to save to DT Pro, it doesn’t happen. She gets an error sound and there’s no page in DT Pro. I can’t imagine what the problem might be, never having run into this myself. I couldn’t find any threads that dealt with this (doesn’t mean they aren’t there!).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. She could really use the power of DA and DT Pro together!

Alexandria

I’m not sure this is a DT/DA problem. Are you using Tiger (I am)? I had the same thing happen to me about a week or so ago. Restarting the programs didn’t fix it but restarting the computer did. You might give it a try. I did a complete restart, not a logout/login.

ChemBob

Yes, I’m using Tiger. We had just installed it on her computer. I have the exact same set-up and everything works wonderfully. But I will mention this to her and see if it makes a difference. Many thanks.

Alexandria

ChemBob,

Just wanted to let you know all is well. Rebooting the computer did the trick. Many thanks,

Alexandria

Cool! Good.

ChemBob

Hi folks!

Rebooting didn’t help for me. My problem is, however is a bit different. DA DOES send data to DevonThink PE here, but it doesn’t send them to DT PRO! Deleting DT PE didn’t helpt.

Any ideas, how I can send/export data from DA to DT Pro?

Best regards,
Christian

Christian:

Now that DT Personal is no longer in the Applications folder, another restart or two should clear up DEVONagent’s confusion. And the keyboard shortcuts for DT Pro Services should become functional, also.

If you still have problems, let us know. It may be time then to clean out some old cache files and preferences.

Hi!

I restarted my machine several time now, but the problem remains.

Now, which caches/preferences/whatever must I delete now to get the stuff working?

Thanks in advance,
Christian

Come on, folks!

Please don’t leave me alone with this!

Best regards,
Christian

I’d help if I had anything to offer Christian. I’m thinking you might need to email the developers for support. The only other suggestions I might have are to run all the unix/OSX maintenance routines and/or reinstall DTPro (maybe also DA) while DTpe is zipped up and put away, installation to follow a restart after the zipping up of DTpe.

ChemBob

I have come to the conclusion, that this isn’t necessarily a problem of my system or installation.

I completely erased ALL Devon-related files of BOTH DevonAgent and DTPro from my system. The only files I kept are my database files. After that I reinstalled the whole thing. And still I can’t add anything from DA to DTPro. Nor can I add anything to DTPro via the service menu.

This begins to become very annoying.

Best regards,
Christian

I too would suggest contacting the developers directly for support. This is really a ‘user’ forum, and perhaps fellow users have expended what they can help you with. I was the original poster in this thread, and my sister’s problem was solved with a restart. That and all the other suggestions aren’t working for you.

So, if it were me, I’d sure contact the company directly for support to find an answer. That sounds like the logical next step.

Alexandria

After a fresh install of the applications, you will need to logout/login or restart to initialize Services, etc. I recommend a restart.

If you also erased your registration files, you will need to reenter the registration information for the applications.

Hi Bill!

I did all that, but it didn’t change anything.

Troubled greetings,
Christian

Assuming that there’s now no more DT Personal left on your system and that you’ve logged out/restarted the machine, there’s only one explanation left.

Do you use haxies by Unsanity (or anything similar patching the system)? Some of those things are buggy and in the past disabling those haxies solved some strange issues related to services.

Note:
DA uses the services internally to add stuff to DT Personal/Pro and therefore if the services do not work, adding from DA does not work too.

Hi folks!

I am back and happy to report, that my problem has finally been solved. After some direct emailing with Mr. Grunenberg we finally found out, that there was nothing wrong with DA/DTPro in the first place. The problem was in my Netinfo database, which still included remnants of some ancient user, whose name was similar to my current OS X user name. This obviously caused the services-framework or -system to malfunction with DevonThink.

After deleting those entries in the Netinfo database everything worked fine.

Thanks for all your help and advice.

Best regards,
Christian

Very happy to hear it, Christian!! I’m so glad you and the developers were able to get down to the problem, which was an interesting one! Thanks for letting us know.

Alexandria