"Database busy" message on iPad iOS

I am currently using bonjour to sync the iPad that is less than one feet away from my computer. Quite often I am seeing a small triangle (image 1) and found that the two devices are not synced up-to-date. When I click on the cloud icon, I see the “busy” message (see the 2nd image) even when I am not using DT3 on my Mac.

The only way I can find to have the iPad sync with the Mac “immediately” is going into the DTTG “SyNC Locations”, select and go into the actual database server (the computer). After that, the sync will be conducted immediately. This is something I can live with but wonder if such behavior is expected? One more question, do I need to leave DTTG as the frontmost app to have bonjour or other cloud sync methods to work?

Thanks in advance

The message in the log can come from the last time DEVONthink To Go tried to sync and when at that time the Mac was indeed busy it’ll show that message in the sync log.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. How about the 2nd question?

One more question, do I need to leave DTTG as the frontmost app to have bonjour or other cloud sync methods to work?

Ideally, yes.
DEVONthink To Go supports Background App Refresh, however it is controlled entirely by iOS and only allows approximately a 30 second window, when it allows it to happen. This means we can’t control if, when, or how long it happens. Subsequent syncs are faster since there’s less data being transferred.​

Thanks for the info.