Database Screen

Hi all,

I have this rather bad habit of closing the DT Database home screen (I’m not sure what this is called in DT speak). I often will close the database page, rather than minimize, and while consulting a document I will click the DT icon or right click the dock icon and click my database and it will not open. Is there a setting in the software that will allow the database to re-open when I select a database from the dock?

I’m afraid this is simply a bad habit on my part, but any insight is appreciated.

Welcome @MarsGrover

The database isn’t closed when you close the window.
When you are clicking on the database in the dock icon’s menu, it’s not opening a database since it’s already open. Just go back to DEVONthink and choose File > New Window or press Command-Option-N.

Thank you!

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

Just to pile on, I do the same thing. I keep a bunch of individual notes open in their own windows but close the database “browser window” when I’m done with it.

What makes this work well is a keyboard shortcut for “Find → In Database…” command. With a keystroke I get a new database browser window opened and I’m already focused in the search input.