Database shows twice in sync preferences

I have two Macs, both on Monterey 12.0.1 and DTP 3.8.2. I am using the iCloud CloudKit sync store.

The one Mac has been out of service for 3 months and the other is my primary. I brought the secondary machine back online today and went to sync the databases. All has gone smoothly except that one database shows both in and blue check marked on both machines and also in remote.

This implies to me that there are two copies of this database in the iCloud sync store.

How do I:

• determine if there actually are two copies of the data base in the sync store?
  • if so how do I tell which one is the active copy I have been using the past few months?
  • how do I delete the inactive copy?

Thanks!

A screenshot would be useful. But if there are multiple databases with the same name shown, then the internal identifier is different (the name doesn’t matter).

Thank you gentlemen. The requested screenshot is attached.

So if I understand correctly somewhere along the line I created a new database with the same name but as a separate creation it has a different ID number.

If I import the second database via sync and find I want rid of it, how do I delete it from the sync store? A search is not revealing a way to do that.

Thanks.

So if I understand correctly somewhere along the line I created a new database with the same name but as a separate creation it has a different ID number.

Yes, that’s correct.

Regarding removing the unwanted database form the sync location, here’s a blog post from this week…

That did the trick! :grinning:

Tada!! :confetti_ball: :raised_hands: :beers: :stuck_out_tongue: