Dealing with a Smart Search results

I have done an advanced search in DevonThink 3 of a database of journals and saved the results as a Smart group, this Group contains a list of all the journals that have within it articles that match the search criterion.

I now want to create another Group of the individual articles within the Journals that the Smart Group identified, but I cannot work out how to do this. One way I think is to copy/past the individual articles into a word processor document and then importing them into a DevonThink Group, but this seems rather tedious and long-winded so I am hoping there is a better way to do it.

Any help would be most welcome.

Do you want to copy these articles to the new group? Or do you want to merge the articles?

I would like to create another Group.

Then the easiest option is probably Scripts > Data > Group with Duplicates

Thanks for your help, but this does not really do what I want, I don’t think I explained very well what I want to do! I need to extract the article from the journal (thus isolating it from the rest of the journal) and export it into another group so I end up with a group consisting of only certain articles. Is there a way of dong this? I should say that many of the articles I want also contain images. I don’t know whether or not it is relevant but the journals are all in PDF + Text.

You can show the Tools > Content > Thumbnails inspector and drag and drop selected thumbnails from a PDF out to other groups as needed.

That does it! Thank you Bluefrog :grin:

My pleasure :slight_smile: