Deleting folder from Mobile Sync

I have a folder in mobile sync that I wish to delete but can’t figure out how to. The red Delete circle with a line through it is greyed out. I have tried moving the folder to trash. The reason I am trying to delete the folder is to prevent multiple copies of the folder being duplicated in my database. I don’t know what I am doing wrong here but I thought if I deleted the folder it would at least stop this problem. I would appreciate any help you can give me here. Thanks, Garry

This should be possible, a screenshot might help to troubleshoot this. Which edition/version of DEVONthink are you using, are you able to modify the database at all (e.g. create new items)?

Thank you for your response. I am using DevonThink Pro Version 2.5.2. Here is a screen shot(attached). I want to delete Mobile Sync. Also, if I may be indulged, I wanted to consolidate the two databases, Barry Jones and Sum of Power into one database. My other issue is the permissions crosses against the two databases. Thank you for all of your assistance. Best, Garry
Screenshot of DevonThink 2.5.2.tiff (280 KB)

The Mobile Sync group can’t be deleted, only its contents. However, according to the screenshots both databases are read-only (see icon in sidebar).

You could check whether the databases are locked in the Finder. If that’s not the case, then you have to check the ownership/permissions of the database package in the Finder too.

I am not sure if my problem is the same. But when I delete a folder or file from the Mobile Sync folder it also deletes it from the folder that has been moved into Mobile Sync. Clearly I have failed to understand something but I cannot see what it is.

Cheers
Martin Fuggle

If you move a group into the Mobile Sync folder and then delete that moved group, it will be moved to the Trash (and deleted when you empty the Trash). The better technique is to replicate groups or documents to Mobile Sync – not to move them.

I understand - however I am still confused. My expectation is that replicated folders/files would be red but that’s not the case. I am also unclear how to ‘unreplicate’ a replicated folder/file.

It’s just not working as I would have expected. I must be missing something somewhere.

Cheers
Martin Fuggle

DEVONthink > Preferences > General > Appearance > Mark duplicates and replicants in color

If that preference is checked, and you are not seeing red replicants, then use Labels > Classic or Labels > Dots on that same panel. If they are still not red, then they are not replicants. Use Show Info to locate an item’s replicants.

Delete all of the replicants but one. If you delete all the replicants outside of Mobile Sync, and then delete the remaining item from Mobile Sync, then you’ll have nothing left, so it’s better to delete replicants from Mobile Sync.

Thanks - I feel a bit stupid since the preference to colour replicants and duplicates was not set. I can now see replicants in red a duplicates in blue.

There’s a lot to know about DEVONthink and I find something new every day.

Thanks
Martin Fuggle