I’ve read a lot of posts about this, but I still don’t understand how to delete indexed files in the database but not in Finder.
- I indexed one folder containing16,000 files .
- I wanted to undo this.
- Suddenly (probably my mistake) they all wound up in the DT trash.
- For individual files, the language of the popup is clear about deleting only what’s in DT not Finder.
- For indexed folders, the manual says that I could “remove all imported files” or “remove all files” – which sounds like remove only the files from the database or remove them from Finder as well, but no it means remove non-indexed files from DT trash or all files from DT & Finder.
- But I don’t want to do either of those. I want to remove all mention of the indexed files in DT and keep them in finder, but that doesn’t seem to be an option.
How do I do this? Thanks!