DEVONagent 4 Wishlist

I only have one big wishlist item, which is to change the ghastly grey text in the Digest view (especially) to a readable black. I suspect this is already planned; the longstanding thread on this was suddenly closed earlier this year. At any rate it’s the one thing that really hits my workflow; it makes the digest so unusable in DA itself that I’m reduced to exporting it to RTF and reformatting it with a Nisus macro.

In terms of functionality, it would be great to have more user-friendly tools for custom plugin creation than manually editing raw XML. I don’t know how important this is to most users, and the tutorial is very helpful if you do want to go there, but it’s probably the feature with the most untapped power sitting there waiting to be unlocked. The process generally involves a lot of trial and error, and while I don’t particularly mind tweaking fields in a text file – you learn an enormous amount about search optimisation along the way – I could see a more graphical approach streamlining and speeding the operation as well as making it a bit more inviting to the user.

1 Like