DEVONagent as default browser?

I would like to use DEVONagent Pro as my default , and indeed only, web browser, two questions:

1. What are the disadvantages in de-installing Safari & any other browser?
  2. If I do de-install Safari is it possible first to import my Safari bookmarks into DEVOnAgent’s bookmark management system?

Thanks for any help.

DEVONagent > File > Import > Safari Bookmarks

Why deinstall Safari? If you don’t want to use it, don’t use it. It’s a tiny app, and if you clear your history and caches very little space is needed.

True!

Right, although frameworks under /System/Library/StagedFrameworks/Safari and other locations do use more space than just the Safari application.

I wouldn’t want to rely solely on DEVONagent, or any other single browser for that matter. While it’s increasingly rarer I still encounter cases where a different one can handle something that another won’t. Plus I don’t have the Flash Player plugin installed, instead occasionally switching to Chrome when Flash usage is required.

Right, I have just come across such a case—iCloud—bad idea then :blush: I do like DEVONagent though as it seems to be quicker than Safari and Firefox and also the search facility is far superior, but, (there is always a “but”) it has another little niggle, there does not seem to be, as far as I can tell, a Bookmarks Bar.

Over here, that’s another 29 MB physical - I’d call that tiny-ish. :wink:

DA seems very … '90s and utilitarian. My favorite was always OmniWeb for its funky interface and great speed – maybe someday Omni will look kindly again on its oldest Nextstep creation and take to developing it again.