DEVONagent Pro restarts itself

I have recently tried to use DEVONagent Pro after a long hiatus and am still a newb, so I am most likely missing something obvious in some setting. I quit the program only to find it bouncing in the dock when I return to my computer. How do I stop this behavior? I have made sure all search sets are “never” in scheduling tab. Thanks for any help.

Does this persist after rebooting the machine?

Yes, it persists after reboot. I unchecked auto update as well.

Is it part of the login items of your account? Or do you use scheduled searches? Actions of search sets might also bounce the Dock icon.

Neither. In all search sets the “never” radio button is selected. In one, a day of the week had been entered at some point but was greyed out because the search set was set to never run. Long shot, but I checked one of the other scheduling buttons to activate the day of week control and cleared it, then I selected the “never” button again.

Another long shot: Could something from DA, like a URL, saved on the desktop activate DA if inadvertently clicked? I have only done a few test searches and usually discard all results of experiments, so I tend to doubt this.

Could something from DA, like a URL, saved on the desktop activate DA if inadvertently clicked?

Unless DEVONagent was set as your default browser, double-clicking on a URL shouldn’t open it.

Nope, it has not been set as default browser.

1. Quit DEVONagent.
  2. In the Finder, select the ​Go ​menu while holding the ​Option key​, then choose ​Library​.
  3. In Application Support/DEVONagent, rename the SearchSets.plist and relaunch DEVONagent. You should only have the default search sets now.
  4. Quit DEVONagent and see if it spontaneously launches again.

Thanks for support. I have DEVONagent and DEVONagent Pro folders in the library. My current version of DEVONagent is the Pro. Per instructions I will not rename the SearchSets.plist in the Pro folder but in the DEVONagent folder only.

There was a DEVONagent Pro folder in Library in addition to a DEVONagent folder, but the former was strangely empty. Is it necessary or can it be deleted? Be that as it may, I renamed SearchSets.plist as instructed. The problem seems to be gone, although I can’t be sure since it would start in a seemingly random fashion. I feel that this fixed things because it has not exhibited this behavior for a far longer time than usual. Thanks for helping.

Yes, you can delete that folder. The App Support folder for DEVONagent Pro is Application Support/DEVONagent.

You’re welcome :slight_smile: