Devonthink 3 DB iCloud (Cloudkit) Fail

Yeah, that might well be part of the problem… maybe worth verifying the databases and sync locations and dealing with any problems showing up there.

Do consider Bonjour as an intermediate solution. I use both, which seems to tide me over any temporary problems with the cloud location quite nicely.

Databases verified and repaired dozens of times… (otherwise they will not sync if broken)
but I don’t know how to get rid of these 45k+ ghost files in my inbox resp. database/inbox.
I have even set up DT and DTTG new etc… (I do have fiber at home 1GB/s up- and downstream… still slow)

I wouldn’t expect that to help seeing as the database remains the same.

What exactly is reported in the log?

the “standard non-sense” as this post here starts at the very top… that’s why I re-opened it… as the main problem seems to be still around.
File “alökjdöflakjdölfkaasdfadfadfasdfasdfadfjsdfölkj.manifest” missing of database xxx
now hit the repeat button a few thousand times…

My next step would be to deactivate the sync on all devices, clean the sync location and when that has finished re-sync the databases one by one by activating sync on one device. I would not reactivate sync on the other devices until those uploads have finished.

1 Like

See the Troubleshooting > Sync Issues > Common Question section of the help and manual

thnx… how do I clean the sync location on my mobile devices? how on my desktop devices?

Sync locations are not on your computer or mobile devices. They are on, in your case, Apple iCloud server.

So as to not repeat instructions best that you read about “cleaning” in the outstanding “DEVONthink Manual”, page 185 of 3.8.5 current version “Sync Issues”.

See the Verify & Clean link in the Help I sent a screen capture of?