Devonthink as a digital process platform

You said back in 2021 that DT is not for notetaking. But then you say, you use it for journaling & notetaking. I am new to DT. So do you recommend I try DT for notetaking? if not then what app would you recommend? Thank you for all that you do!

I am new to DT. I want to use DT for daily notes & journaling. Please share with me how you set it up? Thank you

You said back in 2021 that DT is not for notetaking. But then you say, you use it for journaling & notetaking.

Actually, I said DEVONthink ā€isnā€™t a notetaking applicationā€, i.e., itā€™s much, much more than that. :wink: And yes, I still take 90% of my notes in DEVONthink, typically in Markdown.

And thanks for the generous encouragement! :heart: :smiling_face:

1 Like

I am working to set up my daily notetaking page. See attachment and let me know your thoughts?

Off topic question? Global Inbox count on iPhone 84, on my iPad 95 & Macbook 95. Why the discrepancy with 84 in the Global Inbox on my iPhone? They should all be at 95. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Regarding the journal page, does it work for you? Thatā€™s for you to decide. I donā€™t use our Journal template personally. I have a hyper-custom template I created several years ago but most of my notes are just new Markdown files started from scratch.

What type of sync are you using?

1 Like

I will start with this type of journal page and see how it progresses.
I you iCloud sync. Good Bad or do you suggest something better. Goal not to lose any of my information

I use a daily planner note, plus individual notes whenever I feel like it
For enhanced formatting options; my daily planner editor is Apple Pages

Naming Standard
I use yyyy-mm-dd type [description] kewords
like 2023-10-06 Journal [Daily Planner - Friday] Type-Journal Journal-NoteDailyPlanner

Tags
I donā€™t see the need for the date tags
I use Type-Journal
and Journal-NoteDailyPlanner / Journal-NoteHealth / Journal-Noteā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ll save Jimā€™s keyboard! Read this:

CloudKit is quite unreliable. Apple have been having problems for a number of months. I get error messages at least once a day. HOWEVER, thereā€™s not been any danger of losing information, and my iPad syncs as soon as it can. As I rarely need something urgently, this hasnā€™t been an issue for me. Your mileage may vary. Have a think about what type of sync you actually need (what is your goal), read the linked post, and choose accordingly.

P.S. Your iPhone likely has an error message to say it couldnā€™t sync, itā€™s under the cloud icon. Clear it and wait while it syncs again. It might take a minute if youā€™ve made a lot of changes on other devices.

2 Likes

You might want to use the forumā€™s search function to find answers to your question ā€“ this has been discussed too often to count. And quite a few people are not happy with iCloud, while others havenā€™t had any problems with it.

2 Likes

Thank you! Extremely Helpful!:blush:

:smiling_face: