having come over from evernote to devonthink about 8 months ago I am still standing in awe in front of devonthinks features and versatility. having become a frequent reader of this forum I am just as impressed by the depth of some of the posts on here, the technical expertise, and the exposure to new ideas and use cases it has given me. so first of all: thank you.
coming to think of it devonthink essentially is a digital process platform for me. some of the processes I am using I have already moved over from evernote, others I have only discovered here. right now I am running the following directly in devonthink:
- getting things done
- for all those actions and todos
- mostly based on a slightly adapted implementation of thesecretweapon.org (works perfectly in DT)
- very early stage, but all the more enthusiastic.
- for all these ideas & thoughts. ok, fewer than tasks, but still…
- save for later
- anything I encounter and can’t read/view right now goes to a dedicated group (but not the inbox).
- receipt collection and filing
- some emails, lot’s of statistics, personal stuff, all of it sorted and tagged
now, I would be truly curious to learn what other processes some of you might have implemented on top of devonthink?
once the data is in devonthink all of these process are essentially enabled by just three features: groups, tags & links. amazing versatility really. what (from my perspective) might enable a whole new set of processes though would be more graphical representation of the data.
we have this oddly placed but fabulous map view for the geographical metadata, but what about kanban boards or graph views to just name two. is there a rationale for the lack of somewhat more graphical representation that I am missing?