Devonthink for PARA + mindmapping + zettelkasten + read me later

I still use both about the same. DT’s the engine behind my collection and annotation of writing, Obsidian’s the front-end writing and querying machine.

1 Like

For any significant volume of data I don’t think there’s anything more bulletproof than Devonthink.

Over the years it’s been more reliable than even enteprise-grade SQL databases I have used.

Obsidian has its benefits - but long-term storage of large document sets is not its forte.

3 Likes

do you mind expanding on how you use labels for your customised PARA system? do you assign multiple labels to a single item?

Sorry, that’s one change, I guess. I use a status property in Obsidian instead of DT labels — and no, no multi-labelling. A thing can only have one status at a time.

Try not to overthink it and work iteratively with these meta-level organizing questions!

1 Like

overthinking? me? who you think i am…

now i am even more confused. what is the status field? and if i am guessing it has properties like ‘doing’, ‘done’, ‘todo’, ‘backlog’ etc… how is that doing para? you slice the documents by status then?

i have implemented para in obsidian and that has worked out great. the P is done mostly in omnifocus and the rest in obsidian. i am doing close to parity between obsidian and DT. that’s the plan. let’s see how it works out

2 Likes