DEVONthink Forum Post - Database Sync Issue

Hello,

I am setting up DEVONthink on a new laptop. I am having an issue with syncing one of my databases. All of the other databases have synced properly except one. The database is working normal on my other computer and mobile app. I am not sure how to to address this, and I am fearful of creating data loss with troubleshooting.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

Did you use the forum search? It should turn up about a gazillion of suggestions. If none of these help (which I doubt), you should at least describe your problem in more detail. Nobody but you can know how you sync, for example.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, but I will take another look.

I am using DropBox to syn databases.

I wish we could integrate the forum into DEVONthink a public database. It would make it easier to find information. It is funny to think we store help info on a weaker search platform than the product we are using. Or, maybe we can integrate a new AI Chatbot. It would reduce the time spent responding to forum questions.

Under Sync > Why isn’t sync working?

1 Like

Thank you!

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

Here are some steps you can take to diagnose and fix the problem without risking your data:

1. Check DEVONthink Logs:

• On Mac: Go to Window > Log. Look for any error messages related to the specific database that’s not syncing.
  • On Mobile: Look for a triangle icon on the sync icon in the bottom toolbar. Tapping it will display any reported issues.

2. Review DEVONthink Help:

DEVONthink has a built-in help section with a dedicated troubleshooting guide for sync issues. Access it through:

• On Mac: ? > Help > Sync > Troubleshooting.
  • On Mobile: Similar path might be available depending on your version.

3. Verify Sync Settings:

• Ensure the problematic database is selected for syncing on both your old and new laptops.
  • Double-check that the sync location (e.g., Dropbox, iCloud) is configured identically on both machines.

4. Restart DEVONthink and Devices:

Sometimes a simple restart of DEVONthink on both computers and your mobile device can resolve temporary glitches.