DEVONthink Import, OCR & Delete.scpt - imports, but neither does OCR nor Delete [resolved]

I have freshly installed DEVONthink 3 on my Macbook Pro M1, Monterey 12.3.1.

I have created a folder action on a particular folder using the provided script
DEVONthink - Import, OCR & Delete.scpt. When I’m dragging a file into this folder, lets say a PDF, the document appears in DEVONthink’s inbox a second later, but neither has OCR been executed nor has the original file been deleted.

What can be the reason for this?
And how could I debug it to find the cause?

Aargh, I found the solution myself: I didn’t have the PRO version of DEVONthink 3, so my installation didn’t include the OCR feature. So the script stopped right after the import. :blush:

I leave this here as I might help others running into the same situation… It can be marked as resolved anyway…

(Frankly speaking, the DevonThink product page is not very transparent there…
The feature comparison should list all editions not just Pro and Server…)

1 Like

Hi and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

You are not alone with that feedback, although I would like to say that the current layout lends itself nicely to mobile devices and that directly beneath the table, DEVONtech do point out that

The standard edition offers all features portrayed on the DEVONthink product page except those listed above.

If you do need to upgrade to the Pro version, you can do so with no penalty when compared to purchasing the Pro edition from the outset, so nothing is lost :slight_smile: