DEVONthink Pro Office crashing

All of a sudden I am experiencing a lot of crashes when selecting an item in DEVONthnk Pro Office. I get the dreaded spinning ball and have to force quit. I have rebuilt the database and it still happens after the rebuild. I have sent a crash report. Any help appreciated.

Select the same item, or selecting different items?

Indexed or imported?

Reboot?

Come this morning and I find that it is only one particular database that I am getting crashes in. In fact if I open that database I immediately get the spinning ball. So it looks like it is a corrupt database; that is unfortunate and I do not know what to do about it as I can not rebuild it or access anything in it as it immediately crashes. Is there anyway I can sort this out or have I lost everything?

If you do not have a backup** copy of your database that you can restore and use, you should probably open a ticket with Support (here or here or support_at_devontechnologies_dot_com), where you can get faster, more personalized attention than the forum. Please save relevant console messages, and DEVONthink crash logs, and forward them to Support.

(My rule of thumb – backup everything at least three times to three different locations.)

Thanks korm for this. I have a backup a couple of days old so have not lost much and it can easily be replaced, in fact I am doing that now.I have also already opened a ticket with Support. I will keep the old database on an external disk until support have replied. I appreciate your advice, Best regards, Andrew-Bede

Might be a good idea to run Update Indexed Items, then V&R and Rebuild on the copy of the database you retrieved from your backup. Just to be sure everything is crisp and in good shape. 8)

Yes that is a good idea, will do it now. Thanks again I appreciate your help.

Best regards,

Andrew-Bede

The problem returned with other associated problems so I opened another ticket and with a lot of patience on Christian’s part it has not, I hope, been sorted out. My personal opinion is that the problems were to do with a particular database not liking clippings from Wikipedia’s website as all was fine if I copy/pasted first to a word processor and then saved to DEVONthink! I have verified, repaired and exported all the contents of the problematic database to a new one then deleted the old database. Hopefully all will now work fine but I am wary of clipping anything from Wikipedia.

I must say a big ‘thank you’ to Christian for his patient and swift support, you guys really are the tops as far as support is concerned. :smiley:

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

I assume you meant “it has:smiley:

Could you explain how you clipped from Wikipedia to DEVONthink? There are so many ways to do that. I suspect it’s not “clipping from Wikipedia” that’s the bug (which would be passing strange) but something wrong in the macOS file system that’s not working correctly and DEVONthink is merely a bystander. It would be interesting if the Apple Support community forums could help with a question like that.

“It has” is correct! I have received this from Christian which I think explains it:

“It’s definitely a PDFkit issue, therefore using a different format works around it. The good news is that High Sierra’s PDFkit doesn’t seem to freeze that often anymore (but introduces other issues we’re currently working around)”

I clipped by using the Clip to DEVONthink extension to Safari.

(If you would like me to send you privately the entire support conversation I had with Christian let me know)

Cheers,

Andrew-Bede