DevonThink Pro Office - Will not load

Hi,

DevonThinkPro for some reason would not open one of my databses and then asked for the license to be inputted.

After loading the license, I cannot load any databases and I can only see DevonThink in the menu bar.

How can I get DevonthinkPro Office open a Database? I went to the menu bar to open one but nothing happened.

Also, all that happens when I click on the DevonThink icon is the “Registratioin DEVONthink Pro Office” dialoque box pops up.

The best,
-BrianP

Please start a Support Ticket.

Hi,

I restarted my computer and this fixed the problem, however, now my database is corrupt and will not open. Fortunately, I did an Archive backup.

I unzipped the archive backup but I don’t see the database amongst the unzipped files.

The best,
-BrianP

You shouldn’t see “unzipped files”. You should see either a .dtBase2 file or a folder with the database’s name. If it’s the folder, add .dtBase2 to the end of the folder name.

PS: How are you determining the database is “corrupt”?

Hi,

It define a database file to be correupt when it will not open in DEVONthink. It is kind of greyed out and it will not open when double-click. It gives only a beeping sound.

I worked fine yesterday morning but yesterday afternoon, it would not open.

-BrianP

The database is greyed out in DEVONthink’s sidebar favorites? Then the database isn’t available, e.g. because it has been renamed or moved or deleted.