DEVONthink server confusion

Can this web interface be beta tested? Can you store information online vs. storing on hard drive and if so what’s is the upload limit? Or is there just a web interface but storing data would require a third party storage ? Notion allows unlimited storage & Airtable caps around 20 GB per base (I think) so I guess what I’m really asking, does DEVONthink server allow storage using DEVONtechnologies server? I can’t find any information on this & obviously I seem a bit lost.

I would like to try the server as well. Curious how it looks.

Can this web interface be beta tested?

If you are running the beta in trial mode, the server is accessible.

Can you store information online vs. storing on hard drive

No.

Or is there just a web interface but storing data would require a third party storage ?

The web sharing has nothing to do with online storage or cloud service providers. It is not hosting data on our servers or anyone else’s. It is merely broadcasting a DEVONthink database on a network so it’s accessible in a web browser.

I can’t find any information on this & obviously I seem a bit lost.

This - and many other things - is covered in the built-in Help, specifically the Documentation > In & Out> Web sharing.

1 Like

The server simply (!) provides the ability to access your DT database via a web browser. It’s a convenient way of making the information available if you’re not on a device that runs DT or Devonthink to Go. It’s also a way of making your database contents (or part of them) available to others, such as work colleagues - you can control that access via DT preferences

As @BLUEFROG says, there’s loads of info in the documentation, but it’s easy to set up via the Server tab on DT Preferences.

1 Like

Ty guys, that helps.