DEVONthink Sorter Copy Selection Font Issues

When I am using the Sorter’s Copy Selection Hot key function and am grabbing from the forums (DEVONthink Forums that is) the font always appears as outlined, even if I change it back, the next time it is outline again.

I can select all text, then right click on it and in fonts uncheck Outline it goes back to regular font.

I have tried it on a couple other websites and the font is the correct default RTF font I have set in Preferences so at this time it appears to only be affecting clips from the DEVONthink forum.

I am running macOS 10.12.4 and DTPO 2.9.11.

Hmmm. Cannot reproduce this. What browser are you using?

Safari (10.1)

I just installed and tried Chrome which captures it as text not RTF and therefore Outline isn’t an option so that did work, but I am firmly against using Chrome.

May I ask which browser you are using?

Also Safari 10.1 (macOS 10.12.4 DTPO 2.9.11)

If you go into Safari’s preferences for Privacy > Manage Website Data and clear the cache and cookies for forum.devontechnologies.com, does that make a difference? I think this is a funky Safari issue and not Sorter, since it only occurs on one site.

Unfortunately not working, I cleared just the devontechnologies.com cookies then everything, neither changed it.

I’m also wondering now why copying from Chrome pulls it as Text whereas from Safari it clips as RTF.

Any other ideas are appreciated. I will continue to dig through settings/preferences.

Chrome and Safari are weird in their own ways :confused:

Try this, instead of the Sorter clipper use the DEVONthink services available in Safari > Services. First, you might need to activate these in System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Services. These clip to the destination specified in DEVONthink > Preferences > Import > Destination (same as the Sorter action you’ve been using).

That is even better as I prefer plain text. Thank you for you help, I really appreciate it!

No problem. If you are going to do a lot of this, and if you have PopClip, you might consider the DEVONthink plugin for PopClip. Select text in a web page, PopClip opens automatically right above that text, click the DEVONthink option – clip done. It’s a plain text clip.

I’ll definitely look into that, I’m a bigger keyboard shortcut user but for the times I’m already using the mouse that would be helpful. Thanks!