DEVONthink To Go Wishlist
While I understand the pressures on the development team, I believe the dev team would be interested in feedback from a regular/heavy user. I am an architect and almost 90% of my work (except for the CAD drawings) happens on my iPad. So, here’s a list of stuff I wish was better implemented in DTTG:
- Better Files App integration - Akin to the implementation in PDF VIEWER will be awesome.
- Printing from iOS does not work as intended. It prints out the Item Link instead of the actual PDF (on both AirPrint as well as Readdle Printer Pro)
- Drag and drop support from split view. Currently I use Workflow App to get around this limitation.
- Easy browsing / left-right swiping between Image files contained within a group.
- TAGS on iOS and DTTG must ideally behave similarly
- Add URL scheme to append/prepend text
- Better Spotlight integration
- Long press on the current group name currently takes me back to root. Would be great if an option existed such that a long press would instead provide a navigation tree popup.
- Better markdown editing support (this is not that important if files can be “reliably” edited “in-place” in iA Writer or 1Writer). Reliability means no app crashes midway of editing an important piece of text.
- I do not know if this is possible or not: When an unsupported file is clicked on, automatically offer the correct app to open it in (so long as it’s installed on iOS), or at the very least offer information on what kind of file it is (show us the file extension), rather than the very unhelpful “UNKNOWN - This document cannot be displayed”.
I understand that DEVONthink’s origins are much older than iOS, but today’s iOS users are mostly a young bunch, and our expectations as well as the ways we use your software could be different from those of your older Mac customers. So I hope you take these suggestions positively, because, I simply LOVE using DTTG, and am only hoping that subsequent updates make it more popular amongst iOS users. I eagerly look forward to every update and go through your update notes. All the best.