DEVONthink To Go: WISHLIST

Try quitting and relaunchg both DEVONthink and DEVONthink To Go.

No joy for me.

The last 2 databases I’m having trouble with are both labelled “Local” on the iPad. Should I delete them and retry? Or maybe disable/re-enable? (The Log says “Attempt to connect to host timed out; AsyncSocketErrorDomain 2”.)

DEVONthink To Go consistently crashes-out at around 1200/1400 items of 2000. Every time. My other DB is likely even larger.

Are the master databases , i.e., the ones you want on all the devices, on the Mac?

They are.

I would consider deleting DEVONthink To Go, reinstalling it, and following the mobile instructions I posted to import the databases afresh.

1 Like

Thanks; will do! :sunglasses::+1:

Update! That DB copied over in no time; my next big one — about 12000 records — seems to have copied over really quickly, too.

I think you nailed it. Many thanks! :slight_smile:

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

I’d like to add to the wishlist additional ways of capturing content to DTTG. Specifically, RTF, Formatted Note, and PDF.

oh, and I’d love to have a Tag browser on DT2Go, like it is available on the Mac version, see snapshot.

This is exactly what I thought (until I found this thread while searching for an answer / solution).

+1 to everyone else asking for a css file preference setting for markdown such as in the “media” settings of DEVONthink Pro!

Right now I have to add a “CSS:…” declaration manually to documents on my iPad just to get them to display correctly…which is a pain in the css… thanks

I would love it it I could also edit the created date of an item on DTTG. :slight_smile:

Welcome @kristianramirez
No promises but the request is noted.

1 Like

As a long-time DT user, my biggest wish for DTTG is … Tags!

It’s possible to specify a tag during a quick capture on the Mac, it should be possible to specify a tag in the DTTG Share Sheet too.

(yes, sync and load-latency are issues too, but compared to this, minor for me)

It is possible!

Tap the ellipses below the link field in the clipper. You can type tags into the field that shows up and it will autocomplete with available tags.

2 Likes

Note the autocompletion requires typing a minimum of three characters.

2 Likes

Biggest wish for DTTG is very simple; change that baby blue to something that contrasts better with white. Yeah yeah, my eyes aren’t the best anymore but i normally read without reading glasses on my ipad mini just fine. However ddtg with reading glasses is still unpleasant - it is my prime reason to avoid this app.

I know blue is your thing/company color but i must disagree with your use of it.

Excellent, you’ve improved my life :slight_smile:

(when was this added?!)

I use a bunch of apps on and off, but DevonThink is the bedrock, the one thing I really couldn’t live without. Thank you all for your work!

2 Likes