Devonthink under Windows

rctill,

Yeah, that is the hack I was talking about and I have used that before with the Big Sur beta. My installation was as slow as molasses, I think in part because the VMware tools are not optimized for a platform combination that is not supported by VMware. Or maybe I just missed something on my setup.

If someone can get this working properly and with good speed, it would be pretty cool. Even cooler would be a machine running Linux with a macOS VM running there.

What’s up with these threads today? Just saw this

https://www.literatureandlatte.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=52789

Is it complain-about-developers-not-supporting-my-favorite-(and-nobody-else’s)-OS month?

3 Likes

Yes, that’s because Apple’s software license for MacOS only permits the software’s use on computers that are certified by Apple.

Another option would be to use something like this:

I have not checked the prices but I would imagine that buying your own personal Mac would be cheaper.

Depending on what you need to do, it might not even need to be a particularly powerful Mac. I run W10 in the latest version of Parallels on a standard spec Mac Mini, and its performance is a lot better than it used to be. Not that I do very much in Windows. Of course, at the moment it would need to be an Intel-based Mac.