DEVONthink web partial match search and markdown view

Change the search behavior to match macOS / iOS
Currently: num > does not match the file name numbers, thus no results would have to match with num*

iOS / macOS: num > matches numbers

With markdown documents, want to see the preview and not the source code (especially when searching) but it seems to forget that I changed the view when navigating away from search and back.

Trying to free myself from onenote on windows.

Currently: num > does not match the file name numbers, thus no results would have to match with num*

iOS / macOS: num > matches numbers

This is inaccurate.

• In DEVONthink, num matches numbers when using a wildcard, e.g., num*.
  • It also matches a substring when Partial matches while typing is enabled in the search options. This assumes an asterisk wildcard at the end of the last search term, so it is matched as a substring. When you press Return, the wildcard is removed and the last term is treated as a word.

If you’re not using that search option, you can always explicitly use the wildcard. That will obviously be preserved after hitting Return.

With markdown documents, want to see the preview and not the source code (especially when searching) but it seems to forget that I changed the view when navigating away from search and back.

This is already a preference and long has been: Preferences > Files > Markdown > Markdown Display.

Yes on the macOS version. Not on the web server when accessing DEVONthink through lets say a windows computer.

Sorry, but I didn’t see any reference to the Server edition or websharing.

Development would have to assess these requests.

2 Likes