Difference between red, blue and black file names

This is from a newbie who just started using DTpro …imported all my files/folders and noticed that some have their filenames in red, some in black and some in blue. I have done a search of these fora for this but unsuccessfully and can’t find this in the help menu … there doesn’t seem to be anything in the type of doc that is indicated since some pdf’s or doc’s are in various colors. I may be missing something very basic but I must say, as powerful as this program is, it is also asking for a new way of thinking and working…I’m just not yet up to speed. :question:

Name colors and meaning:

Black: normal color for document title.

Blue: indicates there are one or more duplicates (copies) of the item.

Red: indicates there are one or more replicants of the item.

Discussion:

When you create a duplicate of an item, there are now two copies of that item, each requiring memory and storage space in the database. If you modify a duplicate copy, the original is not modified.

When you replicate an item, you create another instance of it. There’s still only one item, and there’s only a tiny increase in database size to manage the replicant. If you modify a replicant, all instances are changed.

And if I remove a duplicate in the database, how can I remove that file from my Hard Disk too?

Sjmielh

Removing it from the database removes it from your hard disk, if the original was in the database.

If you Indexed files and there were duplicates in the Finder, when you delete one of the files in your database you will be asked if you also want to delete the original file. If you confirm that, there will no longer be duplicates in either the database or in the Finder.

If you Imported files from the Finder and there were duplicates in the Finder, when you delete one of the files in your database there will no longer be duplicates in the database, but there will still be duplicates in the Finder. DT Pro doesn’t need to “care” about that. There are third party utilities that can identify duplicate files in the Finder.