Different rendering of CSS Style in DT3 and DTTG

I use usually markdown in my work and I set the same css style for rendering it in DT3 and DTTG.

But the same markdown-document render different in DT3 and DTTG.
For example, marked checkboxes in DTTG look more noticeable than in DT3.

Why is there such a difference? And is it possible to make checkboxes in DT3 the same as in DTTG?

1 Like

I’d guess because WebKit’s default style sheets differ on the platforms. If you don’t like that, you should define your own CSS. The one provided by DT/DTTG keeps mum about checkboxes. Easily verifiable by converting the MD to HTML and then looking at the HTML’s source code.

Welcome @Yana_B
DEVONthink To Go and DEVONthink are not the same application on the same platform. This means there are certain technological differences. While we are moving toward more parity between them bear that in mind as there will be some differences in features and function between them.

However, your issue is noted.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for explanation @chrillek

Hello, @BLUEFROG

Many thanks!

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

This is due to different fonts.

• Press ⌘⌃O on your Mac to activate the Character Viewer.
  • Search for a unicode character named “ballot box with check”.
  • The Font Variation pane shows how the same symbol is rendered by different fonts.

To make them look the same, change your CSS to use font(s) that are available on both platforms. (Note that your text has been rendered differently as well.) system-ui is good enough for me, but YMMV.

1 Like

Thanks, @meowky. I try use your advise.