Direct syncing across WiFi hotspot

Hello,
I have found myself in a position where I don’t have access to a wifi network that both my MacBook and iPhone could connect to.

I was wondering if it was possible to sync across a WiFi hotspot?
DevonThinkToGo can’t see the MacBook and says it is offline. They are on the same network.

I mainly use DevonThink to go for jotting down notes and it would be convenient to be able to sync anywhere.
I choose not to use DropBox because I do not trust it and my database is massive so it consumes a lot of bandwidth.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Regards,
Daniel

If you see the message DEVONthink is offline, first relaunch DEVONthink.
If you’re on a public or corporate network that disallows Bonjour or off network, connect the mobile device to the Mac via a Lightning cable and you should be able to Sync.

Thank you for the absurdly fast reply.
I realised I probably should have put more details in my initial post.

I have been trying to get it to sync ad-hoc network and I should mention that I have been driving the sync process from the iPhone, not sure if that makes a difference.
Tried both WiFi hotspot and USB but it didn’t make a difference.

However I have enabled bonjour on the iPhone and my MacBook could find it.
So it looks like which end drives sync does make a difference with Ad-Hoc.
The MacBook can find the iPhone over both USB and WiFi.

Since I usually drive sync from the iPhone will syncing in the opposite direction cause any issues like conflicts?

Only if you try and define two locations as the server. If you are using the mobile device as the server for a database, then connect the Mac and let it act as a client. You shouldn’t try and let the mobile device act as a client of the Mac for the database at the same time.

Thank you for your help.

I am now driving the sync from my MacBook and it seems to be working.

You’re welcome.