Disable yellow flashing when viewing search results?

How can I disable the bright yellow screen flash that occurs every time I select another document in the results list of the Search window? It’s very distracting and actually slows down quick skimming of the results. I can’t find anything in the preferences or help.

My use case: I’m looking for a particular document that I know I can identify visually instantly. So I type in the search terms and get a list of about a hundred documents. I select the first document in the search results and then use the down-arrow key to quickly skim each document in turn. I just need to see the first page for a fraction of the second and then I can move to the next.

But the seizure-inducing yellow flashing slows this down quite a bit.

What I’d really like is to be able to display the search results as large thumbnails, as I can in the main window. (I submitted that feature request a year or two ago.)

Please provide a screencast of this. I am seeing no “flashing”.

Here’s a screen recording showing the yellow flashing:

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/218 … .02.17.mov

Devonthink Pro Office 2.8.5
OS X 10.12.3
Macbook Pro Retina 15-inch Mid 2015

Your software is very out of date. the current version is 2.9.10.

Please download a new installer from here and replace your current version: devontechnologies.com/redire … d=download

Do not run a third-party uninstaller. Just double-click the ZIP file to decompress it. Then double-click the disk image to open it, and drag and drop the application into the /Applications folder, allowing it to overwrite the old version when you’re prompted. (There is no danger to your data when you do this. (1) Your data is not stored in the application, and (2) we would not give you instructions that would jeopardize your data.)

Note: You should not rely solely on the Check For Updates function. We announce updates on our blog and social media.

I didn’t know that Check For Updates couldn’t be relied on. I installed 2.9.10 from the download link, rebooted, and verified I had 2.9.10 installed (see the attached screenshot)Untitled.png. Unfortunately, I get the same yellow flashing as shown in the video.

Is the yellow flashing not supposed to be there? It seems deliberately designed, being a bounding box around the string highlights and fading out rather than just blinking out.

No, it’s NOT supposed to be there. It is a problem with Apple’s PDFKit in macOS Sierra.

I just upgraded to Sierra, so that would explain why I just noticed it. Any way to disable the highlighting entirely?

No.

I just wanted to add that I’m seeing this issue too. Somehow I’ve gotten used to the yellow flashing, but of course it’s not ideal. Using the latest DTPO and macOS Sierra. (Wish I’d never upgraded to Sierra…)

I’ve got a project underway and wanted to make sure that the upgrade to Sierra wouldn’t cause problems. Everything works well under El Capitan.

That’s why I’m still running under El Capitan. :mrgreen:

Hurray, version 2.9.12 fixes the seizure-inducing yellow flashing when viewing PDF results on OS X 10.12!