Disabling sorter tray permanently

I’m new to DEVONthink. I like the program generally, but I am into minimal clutter in my workspace. To keep things as tidy as possible with DEVONthink, I would like to permanently disable the sorter tray that appears in the upper right hand corner of the screen. On DEVONthink preferences, I don’t have “Show at Login” ticked, but it still appears when I boot up my computer. Is there a way to permanently disable this sorter tray from appearing? T.I.A.

There is a solution described in the Online Help of DEVONthink.

I suspected that the Online Help should have something about this and so I looked there, but didn’t couldn’t find it. I also Googled the net to see if I could find an answer… found some cool stuff on DEVONthink, but nothing about disabling the sorter tray.

Thanks for your help.

If you search online help for ‘Sorter’, the first item in the list of help topics is ‘Preferences: Sorter’. Near the top of this help pane is a ‘Read more…’ link that fully describes the Sorter, including the reference that annard posted above.

Thanks for your help. I read had already that, tried it and it didn’t work… hence my message on these forums. A big more digging I finally found at the bottom of another page a couple of troubleshooting notes, one of which fixed the problem:

Re-appears after log-in: If you have set the Sorter in its Preferences that it should not open automatically when you log-in but it still does so, open the System Preferences, Users section, Log-in Items tab. Remove the Sorter manually.

I’m posting it here in case someone does what I did and searches the forum for an answer, so that it is in both places. It never occurred to me to look into log-in programmes to stop the sorter from loading. Anyhow, it’s all fixed now.

I’m pretty impressed with DEVONthink so far. Though I am not sure what I think about my first encounter with DEVONthink staff… anyhow, we can’t have it all can we?