Discount coupons-are they legitimate?

Hi, my first post. I’m about to buy DevonThink and did a Google search for discount coupons. Are these things legitimate? Or bad news?

When I follow the link to buy on this website I seem to end up at a real DevonTechnologies purchase page…but it shows an educational discount. Hmm.

devonthinkcoupon.com/devonthink-pro-office.html

Anyone know if this is OK, or a scam/not a good idea?

Thank you,
Doug

Looks mighty suspicious just based on this WHOIS lookup:

Domain Name: DEVONTHINKCOUPON.COM
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Updated Date: 2013-02-18 01:37:54
Creation Date: 2013-02-18 01:37:54
Registrar Expiration Date: 2014-02-18 01:37:54
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited
Domain Status: clientRenewProhibited
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited
Registrant Name: Rong Wu
Registrant Organization: 
Registrant Street: JunShui Town
Registrant City: TongCheng
Registrant State/Province: HuBei
Registrant Postal Code: 312000
Registrant Country: China
Admin Name: Rong Wu
Admin Organization: 
Admin Street: JunShui Town
Admin City: TongCheng
Admin State/Province: HuBei
Admin Postal Code: 312000
Admin Country: China
Admin Phone: 15988811166
Admin Fax: 
Admin Email: boobbo@qq.com
Tech Name: Rong Wu
Tech Organization: 
Tech Street: JunShui Town
Tech City: TongCheng
Tech State/Province: HuBei
Tech Postal Code: 312000
Tech Country: China
Tech Phone: 15988811166
Tech Fax: 
Tech Email: boobbo@qq.com
Name Server: NS27.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server: NS28.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

Though I am not privy to all our sales areas, I would say this is not ours. :open_mouth: Forget the discount shopping - you’re more likely to run into something illegal than if you wait for reputable promos like MacUpdate’s MUPromo.

Plus DEVONthink Pro Office is worth every penny - just sayin’. 8)

Actually, I just checked the site and the coupon code they are using is valid. We have an affiliate program and this “gentleman” is a properly signed affiliate. But, such a copycat site is against the affiliate rules and we will ask him to put it down.

So I notice that site was also using the Windows icon for the download/buy now links. Hmmm — has there been a parallel universe where DEVONthink operates on Windows OS? :slight_smile:

That’s a parallel universe in which Apple licensed Microsoft to use Apple’s operating system under terms that made Steve Jobs richer than Bill Gates. In 1997, Jobs ousted Gates from Microsoft and became the Chairman and CEO of Microsoft, after which Windows became a UNIX operating system. :slight_smile:

Fyi–I used the discount and installed and registered DTPO today. Thank you for your helpful comments!

My next posts here will no doubt be about how to better use this intriguing program.

Doug