Do you use Grid View in DEVONthink To Go?

• Often
  • Sometimes
  • Never
  • What the heck is Grid View?!?
0 voters

I only really use it for one thing, which is to display a cheat gallery of student mugshots with names that I can peek at in class while pretending I’m glancing at important notes. But it’s great for that.

1 Like

LOL - good to know your opponent :wink:

I just searched for grid in the documentation and couldn’t find anything, do you mean this?

If so, yes, for images only.

They were asking about DT To Go. You’re looking at the desktop version.

Ahaha oops! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I do but only for one specific database, which contains PDF books. It’s literally just so I can scroll by book cover instead of file name.

When I looked into what it was, got a little bit scared off by the only setting related to it that I saw: Always open in grid view.

Persisted anyway because I’m courageous like that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: and see that I am unlikely to use it because it takes up a lot of space on my phone.

1 Like

Oh, you’ve made a good point re which device you use! I want to amend my answer to say I’m talking about on iPad. I don’t use that database on iPhone and if I did I don’t know that I’d like the grid view on the smaller screen!

I don’t use it. On phone I use only Journal and Notes databases. With grid view the file names are cut off. So I don’t get a much idea about the file on a quick glance. I am used to list view.