Dock menu doesn't work all the time

Hi folks!

As I said, from time to time DTPro’s dock menu doesn’t work anymore. At first, right after startup, it DOES work perfectly, and so it does for quite a while. If have not figured out what causes the dock menu to malfunction, but after a (sometimes quite long) while the menu behaves as if the application had crashed. This is especially true, when the application’s main window is closed, hidden or minimized and when I try to access the menu while another app is currently active. However, as soon as I maximize/bring to front/open DTPro’s main window, the dock menu works perfectly agian.

Has anybody got a nice idea to solve this little nuisance?

Best regards,
Christian

Is DEVONthink Pro busy when this happens, e.g. im/exporting, creating backups, optimizing the database, executing scripts etc? Or maybe you’re running too many applications concurrently and DT Pro is “swapped out” when you’re accessing the Dock menu. But trying to open the Dock menu a second time should work if that’s the case.

Hi!

It seems to be the “swapped out”-thing, although I have to retry several times before DTPro finally displays the dock menu. This is still pretty annoying and DTPro is the only Mac application I know off that has this problem. Maybe there is a way to deal with this phenomenon in one of the next versions of DTPro?

Best regards,
Christian

Unfortunately the only way to speed this up would be to remove the “New from clipboard” menu of the Dock menu but I guess several users wouldn’t like this (the Dock menu is not dynamic and has to be created completely before it’s popping up)