Document search doesn't work in PDFs

Hello fellow DEVONthinkers,

I have recently noticed that when I search for a specific term, it doesn’t get highlighted in the document that show up in the search anymore and the arrows that you can use to jump to the next occurrence of the term also don’t work (grayed-out).

So here’s what I see:

• I enter a search term in the search field in the upper left
  • Relevant documents are displayed
  • When I click one, there’s no highlight (which used to be there before)
  • Also I can’t use the arrows to jump to the next occurrence of the term

This only seems to affect PDFs. HTML pages and RTFD notes work as expected.

I’d be grateful if anyone had an idea what’s going on :smiley:

Highlighting of search terms in PDFs works here, as do the Next/Previous highlight commands.

I’m using DEVONthink Pro Office 2.9.4 under OS X 10.11.6.

Does your issue persist after a Restart?

Bill, yes it’s been going on for a while now actually so it’s been several restarts.
I’m using both the latest version of DEVONthink and macOS.

I’m still in trial mode. Should that make a difference?

No, the trial is fully functional. Which version of macOS do you use?

I notice the highlighting problem on macOS Sierra GM2. sauvagemoderne, are you using the Sierra beta? If so, that might be the problem.

As has been mentioned on the Feedback forum, full Sierra compatibility will come in a DEVONthink release after Sierra is officially released. Until then, Sierra is a moving target. (A second Gold Master? Almost, but not entirely, unheard of!)

It’s a good idea to mention these problems so that DEVONtechnologies can make sure to look at them when making the update, but it may be a bit bumpy until the official release.

That’s right! I should have mentioned that. I’m running 10.12 Beta (16A313a).
I wrongfully assumed that with iOS 10 being out of beta now, Sierra has left that stage, too so thank you for asking for my version specifically!

So, I’ll just wait then I guess :smiley:

If I can provide any more input regarding the issue to help with development, just let me know!