Download Kindle Text Fle?

I wonder if anyone can help me with this, not strictly a DevonThink problem but the “collective mind” may be able to help. I need to have in DTPO a text file of the authors and titles of all the ebooks I have on my Kindle for Mac app. (OS Mavericks). Anyone know a way of doing this? Cheers.

I don’t know of a way to get the list out of the Kindle OS X app. But, if you open that app and click Tools > Manage Your Kindle your browser will open and navigate to the “Manage Your Content & Devices” page at Amazon. You will see a table of all your Kindle purchases. Clip that page to DEVONthink as plain text using the DEVONthink clipper. (Other formats do not seem to work.) Once clipped, you will find about a third of the way down into that text file the same information that is shown on the purchases table in the web page. Edit the text file as needed.

(There are other ways to do this; this way is fast and cheap.)

Thanks Korm :slight_smile:

Amazon doesn’t make it easy for us, eh? If you want to export your annotations, you have to go here:

kindle.amazon.com/your_highlights

Then you copy and paste it in a text editor. And then you import it in Devonthink. If you copy the whole page, you get stuff like:

Econometric modelling is the most reliably unreliable predictor of national indicators we have.Read more at location 124 • Delete this highlight
Add a note

And thats for each one of your highlights. If you have 200, you’ll have 200 « Read more at location », « • Delete this highlight » or « Add a note » to remove. A real pain… Not sure if I could use TextWrangler to remove them automagically.