Dropbox integration

Hi,
I downloaded the beta dropbox scripts, and successfully linked DEVONthink Pro Office to my dropbox account. A database was created in my dropbox folder and it is visible in the ‘sync’ tab.

However, when I try to sync it either from the source computer, or another computer linked to the same dropbox account, I get a series of messages (see screenshot), which won’t stop unless I quit DEVONthink.

The messages read “Databases located in cloud folders can’t be synchronized” which I thought was the point of the Dropbox integration.

Has anybody seen this?

Thanks
Giovanni

You should NEVER put your databases in a Dropbox (or other cloud-synced) folder or you could irreparably damage them. You must move them to a safe location, ideally ~/Documents.

PS: A database is not created in the Dropbox/Apps/DEVONthink Packet Sync folder. It is a syncStore with DEVONthink-specific raw data for Syncing with other machines running DEVONthink.

Thanks for the quick reply, and sorry I wasn’t clear. The Dropbox/Apps/DEVONthink Packet Sync folder object, which I thought was a database, was created by DEVONthink, I did not create it. Still, it won’t sync across machines.
Thanks!
Giovanni

Where is your database located?

Did you read the instructions that come with the DEVONcloudy beta – particular the first item in §3.3?

Sync occurs when two or more instances of DEVONthink that are configured with DEVONcloudy have their preferences set to look at a particular, named, sync store in a cloud service – such as Dropbox. It is DEVONthink/DEVONcloudy that manages sync, not the cloud service. You don’t need to be concerned with what Dropbox is doing in the middle – if you set up the process as shown in the detailed instructions then DEVONthink/DEVONcloudy will do what they need to do for you.