DT 3.6.3 crash on iMac with OS X 10.11.6

If I press the Firefox button to add DT, when I open this and click on the DT window an internal error occurs, with the consequent crash of the program.
“Internal Error. An uncaught exception was raised.”.
Part of the content of the crash message is:
Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_INSTRUCTION (SIGILL)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Application Specific Information:
Crashing on exception: -[NSStatusItem isVisible]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x7fdd440543c0
This already happened to me with version 3.6.2 but not with 3.6.1 or earlier. why? Is it a problem with my open libraries or my system? Or is it perhaps that it no longer supports 10.11? On another mac with Catalina, I have not observed any problems so far. I don’t use the program much lately either, maybe there are more things that trigger the bug.

Regards
Jose Luis

P.S. I do not speak English, therefore this message has been translated mechanically, I apologize if I have not expressed myself correctly.

DEVONthink usually say you should report crashes using their ticket system. You can do that by selecting Help in the DEVONthink menu whilst pressing the option key. You will see a menu entry Report Bug. If you select that, a mail with the requisite logs will be generated automatically.

DEVONtech say DEVONthink requires El Capitan or later, so you should be ok there; Firefox 86 does not support macOS 10.11 though; so perhaps check first which version of Firefox you have.

1 Like

Thank you, I did not know that way to report errors, I will try when I return to the office on Monday.
I’m using an older version of Firefox, the ESR edition that they keep updating, at least this year I think. It is not the last, but it is still supported. And furthermore, I assumed that if DT needs a certain version (the latest firefox or its latest extension) I don’t see the point in selling it as “compatible” with 10.11.
Anyway, on Monday I will review the versions of everything in case it was the problem. In principle, everything should be updated to the latest versions compatible with my system. It also raised me to go back to the previous version of DevonThink, but as long as the developer says it is compatible, I understand it must be. And the problem will be either an unknown bug with my system version, which they may or may not fix, or a problem with my specific configuration.
I understand that very few continue with these previous versions, but if the program is no longer compatible, it must be communicated to its users. And decide if you can update everything, or should go back to using previous versions of everything that is not supported. Or simply, abandon the program and look for other solutions.
In fact, I have not used Evernote for years because of the price, because it is a subscription, but also because the support for my system is in limbo: the program claims to be compatible, but in catalina it is updated every few days, and in the captain it takes months to do it, and always one or two obsolete versions. It is as if they forget, or have to check whether or not their latest enhancements are still compatible, but they insist on selling it as compatible. On the one hand it is good, but on the other it does not offer me much security. And that begins to happen to me with DT. A shame. I have used it for many years, and I have always liked the fact of maintaining support for “obsolete” systems and also doing it with constant renewals and at no cost to the user.
That meant that I ended up acquiring up to five DT licenses, and several others from the rest of the products, despite having only two macs, in addition to having opted for a higher payment when updating to keep the previous license operational on my mac perfectly valid despite being considered “obsolete”.