DT Pro Database Sharing

Please pardon if this post is in the wrong section - it was unclear where to post this.

I am looking for an application that will allow me to share a massive note collection (400+) between 3 computers (MBP, iBook, and a Mini). Is this something that can be done with the Pro version of DEVON Think?

Thanks.
Shoregeek.

You can make a copy of the database for each computer.

If you add new content to one of the databases and wish to update the others, select Tools > History. Identify and select the newly added content and choose File > Export > Files & Folders. Then copy that exported folder to each of the other computers and use File > Import > Files & Folders to add that content to your other computers’ databases.

As a practical matter, it’s a good idea to choose one of the computers as the primary one for adding new content.

Bummer. Nice little app but won’t work for our needs.

Thanks for the reply!

“Nice little app”? I don’t think of it that way. :slight_smile:

Christian has noted plans for a Workgroup version that can handle multiple computer access. But no release date has been scheduled at this time.

We have since knocked out one machine and now just have to sync between two laptops.

After trial and error with one external program, I think this original answer (History and Export) is the only solid way to maintain one databases between two machines.

Hope to see some sync additions in a new release soon!

*Edit: ONE database between two machines.

• :bulb:

Question - we are now each (there are two laptops that must have the same data on them at all times) exporting our changes and e-mailing the files, then importing → files and folders.

The problem is when we import the information doesn’t go into the folders (or new folders) as we thought it would. It all gets dumped into a new group folder - to which we then have to copy the information to its correct spot, then remove the previous note as it wasn’t over-written in the copy.

Are we missing something? This is a lot of work.

Thanks!

I guess this is the way. Bummer.