DT Server Bug? Can't Directly Download From Search Results

When using the search function in the web browser, the download button is greyed out so if I find the document I want, I can’t just grab it:

I’ve got to navigate to where it is, then download it:

Thanks, I will change this for the next update

1 Like

Which browser are you using and which version of DEVONthink as I haven’t been able to reproduce the issue.

Is there any chance this is being caused by an overzealous ad-blocker or some such?

DT 3.8 (not at home to verify, but I always update the day of releases)

Win 10
Edge 92.0.902.84
Chrome 95.0.4638.69

Linux
FireFox 78.6.lesr

Turned off ad clocker with no change.

Ok; and no pihole or similar?

No. And it just with search results.

• Did it work previously?

I’m not entirely sure. I typically download and open PDFs, which display the same problem. However, I can, and have been, using the download button in the PDF viewer–so it wasn’t until I needed a Word document that I noticed the greyed out download button:

I googled “greyed out download button chrome” and found some ideas there. Just a thought.

Thanks for the additional information, I have just tried it on various browser in Win 10 and still haven’t been able to reproduce the issue. If you are running the app inside Edge or Chrome, the next time you see that the download button is disabled when an item in the search results has been selected, could you press Ctrl+Shift+I to open the developer tools. Select the Console tab and if there are any entries in red could you take a screen shot.

1 Like
content.js:54 content.js: sending hello 
app.d3d30d5c.js:1 App Created
3app.d3d30d5c.js:1 Search: [object Object],[object Object],[object Object],[object Object],[object Object],[object Object],[object Object],[object Object],[object Object],[object Object]
app.d3d30d5c.js:1 Search: [object Object],[object Object],[object Object]
2app.d3d30d5c.js:1 Search: 
app.d3d30d5c.js:1 Search: [object Object],[object Object],[object Object],[object Object],[object Object],[object Object],[object Object],[object Object],[object Object],[object Object]

Nothing in red.

Working from home today, so checked and it is also happening in Safari and Firefox in Catalina when I connect to the server from my MBP.

I’m seeing the issue here in Firefox on Catalina…

The download button looks enabled?

1 Like

Is it only on Catalina that you can reproduce it?

Nope.
I’m seeing it in Safari in Monterey 12.0.1 as well.

Okay, so I’m not seeing it with all files in a search.

No rhyme or reason yet.
Some Markdown files can be downloaded; some can’t.
Permissions in the Finder are the same.

Thanks