Hey folks, I’m not really new to DT—I’ve toyed with it before but I recognize that’s not really how you’re going to get anything out of DT, so I’m going to dig in over the next few weeks and see if I can’t finally ramp up.
To start, I’d like to learn how DT can integrate with these apps:
• Things 3
• Bear (though I might jump back to Craft)
I think if the “integration” was limited to simply indexing the contents of the documents of those apps, that would work great.
Like many here, I’m in one of those phases where I’m trying to improve my workflow. I have information about the same subjects scattered across those four programs:
• MindNode is pulled up anytime I have a complicated new idea to sort out, and is often used as a PKM for that idea until it’s complete or focused enough to not need anymore.
• Things is the “control panel” for my life. Everything goes in there first, and I tend to use the notes section of Things tasks extensively. The quick capture of Things is also hard to beat.
• Bear is where my extensive note-taking happens, but I’ve never been super happy with organizing my notes in Bear.
• Spark is fine. I could be talked into going back to the native, in-browser Gmail app, but I hate the UX.
I’m not super sure what the solution is that I’m looking for. If there was something that could magically group information from those four programs based on like tags, that would probably work (but then, no tags in Spark).
If Things was more of a note + task app, that might be fine. I love Bear, but the context switching takes forever.
Regardless, I see the information sprawl happening and I need to manage it, and automate more, so I’m banging around looking for a solution. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!