DT to import CHatGPT conversations

Has anyone found a way to import and archive ChatGPT conversations into DEVONthink?
I want to find a way to copy my many CHatGPT conversations so I can easily organize them and then find them for future reference.
I have tried the DT web clipper and multiple formats: PDF, Rich Text, etc. None of these seem to work. The results are usually just the log-in page to OpenAI.

Any thoughts?

Thank you.

Welcome @ajmac25

It’s a good question, but applications don’t share cookies and haven’t for a very long time.
You can sign in to OpenAI via a bookmark in DEVONthink to set a per-application cookie for it and ask your questions just as you would in a browser.

And… drum roll, please :drum: , if you clip as a formatted note, it looks and appears as you see it in the browser :smiley:

(And yes, I validated it behaved as expected with my network disabled.)

Update: The functional formatted note may only work when clipped on Sonoma.

I copy and paste into markdown using the copy icon.

I create an empty MD file, then start copying and pasting, and as the answers are so verbose, the question is implicit in the answer.

If the conversation is too long to do it manually, select all the conversation, copy and paste into an empty Word document, and then save to PDF. Not beautiful result, but you have all you want.

1 Like

Bluefrog: this works great! Thank you for your help.

You’re very welcome :slight_smile:

As buggy as Sonoma still is, I will give it a +1 because my method works on it :smiley:

I use BBedit which has ChatGPT worksheets (markdown). Several conversations can be recorded on a worksheet. I can then save it to DT’s inbox for filing

1 Like