DT3 Beta4 Image Capture issue Unnamed Binder and Destination

I have two problem with the Image Capture in the DEVONthink 3 Beta4.
My DEVONthink version is a registered Pro edition.

Issue with Unnamed Binder
I scan some documents
I create first Unnamed Binder
Then i create second Unnamed Binder
I sort the documents into the two Unnamed Binder
I go into the first Unnamed Binder and press the save button
The first Unnamed Binder will be removed, items moved to Trash
The Second Unnamed Binder is now empty all documents removed, the documents pdf files are still there at /user/Pictures/DEVONthink 3/Scans
If i close DEVONthink and reopen, the documents are displayed again

Issue with Destination
If i click the gear next to the save button and then on the destination field
Then i choose the “New Group…” option
A popup appears where neither the OK button nor cancel works
I only can quit DEVONthink and reopen it to cancel the Popup

Someone else has this problem, i can not find anything about it in the forum

Thanks I have been able to reproduce this issue. We will include a fix in the next update.

Thanks for your help, can you help me with some other Image Capture problems?

#Rename Unnamed Binder
If i create Unnamed Binder and rename the Unnamed Binder, in the sidebar the refresh don’t work and don’t show the new Unnamed Binder name

#Move documents
In the collectionview: Items will be copyed after drag and dop on a Unnamed Binder and not moved.
In the sidebar: Items will be moved after drag and drop.
Is it wanted like that?

#Issue with Unnamed Binder
I scan two documents, then i create the first Unnamed Binder.
I drag and drop the two documents on the sidebar on the Unnamed Binder.
(I noticed that the two documents do not belong together and have to be saved as individual pdf files)
I go into the first Unnamed Binder and then i put one document with drag and drop on the sidebar back to “Imports”
I open Imports and create a second Unnamed Binder for the second document.
After the second Unnamed Binder creation my document will not be displayed anymore. The documents pdf files are still there at /user/Pictures/DEVONthink 3/Scans

#Scan new document to "Create new Binder"
if i scan a document with following options
Name “”
To “Create new Binder”
Destination: “Inbox”
Kind “PDF”
Tags “”
OCR “enable”

Then i scan a document with the same options
Name “”
To “Create new Binder”
Destination: “Inbox”
Kind “PDF”
Tags “”
OCR “enable”

A save button appears below the ocr button, if i press the save button.
The document will be saved as a pdf with two pages and moved two trash.
The documents at “/user/Pictures/DEVONthink 3/Scans” was not deleted.
The Binder will be removed from the sidebar, but it is sill displayed in the collectionview at the Imports.
It is not possible to open the Binder but you can delete the binder

#Sort and Merge Documents
I scan some documents and create three Unnamed Binder
I put in every Unnamed Binder, some documents
I open a Unnamed Binder and i get the option “Sort and Merge Documents”
If i select the first Unnamed Binder at Starting Odd Page and then i select the second Unnamed Binder at Starting Even Page, the selection at Starting Odd Page will be deleted and and I have to choose it again
(vice versa, it behaves the same way)

If the Starting Odd Page selection empty and the Starting Even Document is “Select Document”
If i select the first Unnamed Binder at Starting Odd Page and then i select the first Unnamed Binder at Starting Even Page, the selection is exchanged
(vice versa, it behaves the same way. I think that is so wanted)

If the Starting Odd Page selection empty and the Starting Even Document is “Select Document”
If i select the second Unnamed Binder at Starting Odd Page and then i select the second Unnamed Binder at Starting Even Page, the selection at Starting Odd Page will be deleted
(vice versa, it behaves the same way)

Thanks I will look into these too.

These are all expected behaviour. When you are sorting and merging the current selected binder with another binder therefore the sort window will always select one of the options to be the current binder.

This option does not allow you to sort to binders into a third binder.

Also…

Would it be possible to add “Automatically Resize” When scanning directly into a binder or a new binder?

Currently, when trying to view it, it brings the large size and it gathers it slowly to get the full view.

!

Is the problem that the image is loading slowly or that the default is actual size?

When I have a problem with Sort and Merge Documents, I do not want to sort into a 3 binder. I have a problem that my selection is deleted. I am not sure if I have explained well enough. I have created Image for each point, maybe it will be more understandable

#selection is deleted - I’m not sure if this should be so, for me as a user only annoying
Sort%20and%20Merge%20Documents-issue1

#the selection works as expected
Sort%20and%20Merge%20Documents-ok

#selection is deleted - I’m not sure if this should be so, for me as a user only annoying
Sort%20and%20Merge%20Documents-issue2

Sorry I misunderstood your previous post. I will look into that too.

:white_check_mark: When scanning into “imports” has an ‘automatically resize’ it.

:x: BUT not when scanning directly into other binders.

You can see here :slight_smile:
https:// www.dropbox.com/s/0gf7nkepl0tynsb/DevonThink3%20(1).mp4?dl=0

Thanks for help, i will try to create more pictures in the future it is easier than just text

i will try to create more pictures in the future it is easier than just text

Indeed, a picture can often provide clues you may not have noticed or spoken of. We had blogged about this some time ago too:

Note: As opposed to sending screen captures to our Support Ticket system, when posting on a public forum like this, cropping or redacting some information may be a good idea.

This is not strictly true. It depends on the file type of the scanned image. When viewing the scan there are two types of viewer, one for pdfs the other for images (png, jpeg etc). The PDF viewer has the automatically resize option.

But im not choosing any other type. It’s set for PDF.

The ONLY difference is the location where it goes.
One option is to send it to “Imports”
The other option is to send it to a folder within “imports”

Why would location destination make a difference how it is viewed?

Thanks.

It might be a different issue, perhaps the scan was stored internally as a image rather than a pdf. I will check.